Tuesday, April 30, 2013

S is for Security Blanket

Every baby needs a cute little blanket to pack around. Security blankets come in many sizes, colors, and styles. I  made this sweet little Big Bird blanket for my niece on her 1st birthday.
The free pattern for the blanket base can be found here. You must be a member of Ravelry to view the pattern. Registration is free and there are thousands of other great patterns on the Ravelry site to keep those fingers busy!
I crocheted the Big Bird attachment as I went. I did not write a pattern because I was so pressed for time. I may go back and crochet another one and write a pattern for him since he looks so cute on the blanket. :)

The blanket, without the Big Bird attachment, can be found for sale at Craft Creek.


No comments:

Post a Comment