Friday, April 26, 2013

O is for Owl

Owls seem to be all the craze lately. From babies and toddlers to teenagers and adults, I have seen owls floating around everywhere. So today I'm sharing two super easy and super awesome crochet owl patterns. The best part is... both patterns are completely free!

Owl Amigurumi/Stuffed Animal
This little guy is so adorable. I used my favorite yarn, Vanna's Choice, in the colors charcoal gray and aqua. The original pattern can be found here on Lion Brand's website. You must be a member of LionBrand.com to view this pattern. Registration is free. I chose to do a normal owl instead of the graduation styled owl, as the pattern called for. I also chose to sew the wings on the side of the body instead of around the neck area. That allowed the wings to lay in more of a flat and natural way. I encourage all of you "hookers" out there to add this to your project list. It's one of the cutest projects I've personally made. LionBrand.com gives you the rights to sell your finished products using their patterns which is a great plus. For all you "non hookers," out there, I do sell this in my shop. You can purchase it from me at Craft Creek.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owl Hat
I cannot say enough about these owl hats. This is such a great gift idea for all the little ones in your life. The color options are endless. I've made many different color combinations and they always turn out gorgeous. My rule of thumb is to stick with Vanna's Choice yarn. All of the yarn color options in this brand seem to go together, so you can't go wrong. This pattern is free and can be found here at the Repeat Crafter Me blog. This pattern includes every size from newborn through adult. In the pictures below, I used the colors barley and rose mist for the girl hat and barley and colonial blue for the boy hat. Again, if you crochet, this is a must for your project list. If you do not crochet but would love to gift an owl hat, you can purchase one from my shop Craft Creek.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Moogly

4 comments:

  1. I have got back into crochet recently and have also made an owl. Yours looks very cute, and Im sure the owl had will grace a deserving head, I think I will get out my needle! I have listed your blog on my post today, blessings forthe weekend. Amanda

    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your kind words Amanda! I'm heading over now to check out both of your blogs. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute! Just discovering your blog for the first time as I make my way through the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

    ReplyDelete