Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A is for Amigurumi


Amigurumi - The Japanese art form of crocheting or knitting small stuffed animals. Crocheting is worked with single crochet stitches and all stitches are worked in a round.

The crochet world has so many different styles and techniques. Amigurumi is just one of those techniques. When I first learned to crochet one of the first projects I worked on was worked using this technique. All stitches are worked in a round. So instead of slip stitching at the end of each round, you just keep going. This creates a nice seamless look on all your crochet stuffed animals. Below is a gorgeous crochet elephant that I just recently added to my shop.
You can find it for sale at Craft Creek You can find the pattern for sale at Elephant Pattern

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I think your elephant is adorable!! I have a lot of different items of this nature on my FB page....Sanderellas! Very popular right now with so many women, and so many very talented fiber artists out there!! I loved your post!! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of this craft, I didn't know....now I do!! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I "liked" your FB page from both my personal and business account. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elephant is adorable, I've only just recently become familiar with these, I didn't realise there was so many crochet patterns available, will have to visit your site.

    ReplyDelete